Monday 10 June 2013

Float On






     How many times have we all felt that enough is enough, that trying is no longer an option and that you are giving up entirely on what is known as "life"? Honestly, I know I have felt that way many times and don't see those feelings ending anytime soon. Those feelings are hard to control. Sometimes they take you off guard, creep up on you and then *SLAP* "SURPRISE!"..... But there is something that we can do about the aftermath that comes along with these feelings.

    Have you ever looked to the sky when a young child has mistakenly let go of their balloon, and watch it float up and up until you can no long see it? Even though I know that somewhere a child is heartbroken and crying, I relish in the thought of where that balloon will end up and feel a sensation of relief and wonder so deep that I never want it to end.

     Fortunately for me, I have found a way to keep that feeling when I need it most, and that is when I feel like the bottomless pit that is negativity has trapped me and is holding on very tight. When things feel bad, I imagine that all of my negative feelings are being put into a balloon, much like helium. Most times the balloon grows bigger and bigger, always close to bursting but never does. When I get to the point of no return, I let the balloon go from my tight grasp. I watch it float away, and hold onto those amazing feelings of relief and wonder as I float, just for a second, with no negative feelings inside my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment